The sun is shining, the birds are chirping, and two things are on everyone's mind this June: Dads and Grads. I helped you think of ideas for Mom for Mother's Day, and now Father's Day is just around the corner. Dads might be even more difficult to shop for than moms... at least mine is pretty picky! Here are some ideas to help you start finding the perfect gift for the most important man in your life.
For the Dad who is always in the kitchen
- My Dad LOVES ice cream. This cookbook from local Seattle company is perfect for inspiring a summer evening spent with Dad over a sweet homemade treat. Pair it with a pint of their unique ice cream for a delicious gift!
- A personalized cutting board will certainly say "I love you," and every time Dad cooks, he'll think of you!
For the Dad who is always outside
- Help dad relax with a portable hammock. He can use it camping, in the backyard, or even at a sporting event.
- Give Dad a magazine subscription, like National Geographic or Outside. It's the gift that keeps on giving. If he's tech savvy, get it for his Kindle or iPad.
For the Dad who is always on the go
- A great watch is always a classy and personal gift. With this price guide on Amazon.com, you can find one that dad (and your wallet) will love.
- Splurge and give dad something engraved that he can carry with him... and listen to all of his favorite oldie tunes.
Even if you don't get your dad something on this list, I hope I gave you some ideas! What do you plan on giving your dad for Father's Day?